Thursday 31 March 2016

Dragon's Breath ASB

I am reading the same book as I did in my last blog. As you can see I have new wonderings and connections. The book is called Dragon's breath by E.D. Baker. So far Emma and Eadric are helping Grassina find her boyfriend Haywood how is a otter right now. Emma and Eadric are are looking for the ingredients for the potion to turn Haywood back to a human. They need to get : the hair of mother of Pearl , breath of the dragon green, a feather of an aged horse and the husk of a magic bean. Emma and Eadric already got the hair of mother of Pearl now they are trying to get magic beans at magic marketplace. They found out that the beans are out of season. I wonder how they are going to find the magic beans now? What do you think they are going to do?

I think that E.D. Baker is making you feel that you are in the book as if you are trying to find the magic beans. In chapter 15, page 163, says:
                                     A white haired old woman look up as we drew near.
What do you think E.D. Baker did to make the reader so interested?
One connection I made while reading this book is that I have, when I was younger, me and my best friend Kailyn would pretend that we are go through adventures. So many memories come back to me.
                Photo link


As I thought about this paragraph, I read a little more of the book. The white hair old woman said she had no magic bean and it was out of season , when she heard something she wanted, she really  had old shriveled up magic bean. Emma and Eadric have also got the feather of an age horse. Now the only thing they need is the green dragon’s breath.  I haven't read that part yet. I wonder how they are going to find a green dragon? Emma and Eadric  went to see the dragon king but he say that green dragon don’t exist. What do you think?


I also think that this book show bravery and courage because Emma and Eadric are try to find a way to help Grassina and face so many things like the time they almost got their heads cut off or a enormous spider that try to eat them. I wonder what will happen next? What do you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.