Monday 14 March 2016

week 3: Group 3: My side of the mountan. veerashwa

Throughout the book Sam has changed in many ways. For example Sam couldn’t do lots of different things when he first came to the mountain. He didn’t know what to and how to survive in the wild. What time in the story do you think Sam changed the most and why do you think that?
 
I recently finished a book called MY SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN by jean Craighead George. It is about Sam who left his house to explore the wild  and to escape his crowded family. And to live up his family's name Gribley. Have you ever wanted to get out of your home and explore the forest by yourself? well Sam did and he managed to stay and survive and his life changed.


PIC Taken by Good reads.

I think Sam showed change most in the beginning to the the ending because in page 14 to 15 when Sam tries and tries to catch a fish and fails  but he never gave up.then he got 5 little trout.
this shows Sam  never gave up.I think that let Sam progress in the wild.I think Sam changed most from the beginning to the middle.on page 45 when he gets frightful he changes the most because when he gets frightful it's a huge advantage and he changes a lot this shows change.


It was easy to get absorbed into the book as it is filled with excitement and adventure and it shows how people can change.because on page 5 because I feel like I am Sam.It feels like you have survived after a snow storm.and on page 17 he did not know how to light a fire and was struggling.
My favorite chapter was the ending because when I first had the book I thought the city comes to me.  I thought Sam went back so the city but his entire family went to the forest and built an house in the forest.


This story made me  think about courage overcoming , challenges and survival skills.
Do you have any connections to the book like have you read a book with a similar theme what did you think about the ending and why do you think the author named the chapter frightful learns her ABC's  and why do you think she named the chapter trouble begins what kind of trouble Began? I wonder what you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.