Thursday 3 March 2016

WK3-GRP5- Number The Stars

During chapter 14 and 15, two german soldiers stopped Annemarie from taking the package to Uncle Henrik. What might the importance of this package be in the context of the story and how does the author use this incident to build suspense?
If you were Annemarie, how would you be feeling at this stage and why? Use evidence from the text to support your ideas.

The author builds suspense in a lot of ways so I can't just name one.

If I was Annemarie I would be feeling scared two soldiers stopping me and I hate guard dogs because they growl and bark and it just scares me.

The author builds suspense in a lot of ways so I can't just name one.
In the last few chapters when they are helping ellen and her family get away from the germans because the are jews its weird because the cloth took away the dogs smell witch is good because then the dogs wont be able to find the hidden door in the boat.

If I was Uncle Henrik I would have done the same but I wouldn't use the cloth. I would use the food because dogs smell their food before eating it. This would mean that the dogs would also eat it witch is double the greatness.

What would you do would you use the cloth or would you use the food?


4 comments:

  1. I love how you explained why, and how you were honest and said you didn't get the cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they used a handkerchief to be less suspicious because if they used food the Germans might have not let the dogs take the food. Also, if Henrik forced the dogs to smell the food, if the dogs weren't interested, he would be too suspicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you were honest and you said you wouldn't use the cloth. What would you use instead of the cloth?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you were honest and said the guards and the dogs would scare you. If I had to, I would use socks instead of the handkerchief/cloth.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.