Thursday 17 March 2016

A Fairy Tale Come Alive: Kerala: A.S.B

Image result for the wishing spellI recently read, The Land of Stories: Book #1: The Wishing Spell, Written by Chris Colfer. It is about two siblings, Alex and Conner, who get lost in a fairy tale land with Cinderella, Red Riding Hood, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Ariel.The twins go hunting for items to make the wishing spell; it will grant them one wish to help them get home. Here is one of the items (they all come in riddle form). Can you guess it? The glass that held a lonely soul, lost at midnight’s final toll. h Photo by: Pics 4 Learning

I liked this book because regular fairy tale books leave me wondering, “What happens next?” This book gives me all the answers, I also like this book because it is a tale of genuine friendship. My favourite part is when they FALL THROUGH THE BOOK THE MAGIC STORY BOOK! Crazy, right?

Meanwhile, the Evil Queen from Snow White, Is searching for the wishing spell items too. On the journey through the fairy tale land, they discover a family secret. I think that this book mood is a mix of happy, sad, and HILARIOUS! I would highly recommend the book to anyone who likes adventures. Do you think you have the answer to the riddle? If so, please leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you described the book.
    What you could add is what enemy's they make in the book.
    I think the riddles answer is the genes lamp.
    I too have read a book with a similar theme its called american chillers and the nightmare novel written by Jothan Rand Its were this kid finds a book were he writes a nightmare novel and all the characters come alive and the only way to get rid of them is to rip the book I wonder If you had a nightmare or an dream that you were sucked into an other realm?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.