Wednesday 16 March 2016

The Throne of Fire (ASB)

Recently I started reading the book The Throne of Fire by one of my favorite authors Rick Riordan. This book is about how Apophis ( The Egyptian god of Chaos) is trying to get out of the Duat so he can swallow the sun and Chaos can rule forever. So Carter and Sadie try to wake up Ra ( The sun god) so chaos cannot rule.

I really easily got sucked up into this book because the author Rick Riordan makes the book really suspenseful by making you think that Carter and Sadie will not be able to accomplish their mission. When I was reading the story I kept on thinking about how Carter and Sadie felt accomplishing so many obstacles and trying to save the world even though they might have gotten killed themselves.

Rick Riordan makes you get a picture in your mind. For example this part: “  His eyes were full of loneliness. I couldn’t believe he would hurt us - until he drew from his belt two very large knives with curly blades like his horns.” In my mind I could see and harmless creature who  turns into a ferocious beast.

This is a really powerful book which made me think about confidence and overcoming challenges. Have you ever been confident and been able to overcome challenges?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.