Monday 22 February 2016

Week 1: Group 3: My side of the mountain Response

In chapters 1-3, Sam decides to move to Catskill mountains.  In these chapters, he is up to the survival skill test.  Why do you think he moved to Catskill mountains?  What would you do if you were him?

I think in chapter Sam moved to Catskill mountains to escape the noise and pollution and his too crowded family and too enter nature.I would stay in the house until I have enough materials to go to the woods and build a small but comfortable house made of wood. 

I could not stop reading the book until bedtime which was enough time to read to the end of chapter 7 because it was so exiting and absorbing I made my bedtime later than usual.

Jean Craighead George's writing makes you feel like you were there. 

This powerful and exiting  story made me think of courage, risks and overcoming challenges.Perhaps you have tried to leave your house but then came right back.Or a show of courage in a hard situation.Or have you read a book with a similar theme? well I have It is called Hatchet. I would like to hear about it all.




Image taken by goodreads.

3 comments:

  1. You have powerful details. I agree that this book is a very thrilling book, I can't stop reading. I think you are a great reader by reading your responses. You have great words too. Keep it up. Zaiyan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have used very powerful details and words. I also agree what you said in your last paragraph. I really like adventure and now I think you too like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never looked at that way.That made me in paragraph one. I like the way you think.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.