Thursday 25 February 2016

W1-Grp 4 The Tiger Rising-(CISS) How would you describe Rob as a person?

In the story The Tiger Rising by Kate Di Camillo, I would describe Rob as a person shy, respectful person.

I think that Rob is a shy boy because in page 18, he saw a black-haired girl bullied a new girl in school called Sistine Bailey in the lunch room by throwing garbage at her. Rob wanted to stand up to Sistine by saying, "Run! Hurry up and run!" But he was too shy to even talk. But then, he shouted "Hey!" without meaning to.

I also think that I could use the word respectful would match Rob's character. He helped his dad with chores and was willing to wake up at 5:30 a.m when he was excused from school because of the ugly, red rashes on his legs. He could have yelled "No! I want to go back and sleep so stop bothering me!" But he managed to get out of bed without complaining about anything.

The final reason why I think that Rob is a respectful boy because he also ate the bad-tasting mac' n' cheese his dad cooked for him. If I were him, I would push the plate away, and refuse to eat. But Rob managed to eat his dinner, even though there wasn't enough noodles to go with the powdery cheese. On page 29, he forced himself to lie to his father that the dinner tasted really good.

This makes me realize that Rob can be respectful and shy in many different ways. This also proves that Rob is a shy and respectful character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.