Monday 22 February 2016

Week 1: Group 3- My Side of the Mountain Response

In chapters 1-3, Sam decides to move to Catskill mountains.  In these chapters, he is up to the survival skill test.  Why do you think he moved to Catskill mountains?  What would you do if you were him?

I think that in chapters 1-3 Sam made a good and bad choice. The bad part of it was that he would be limited to his resources and live a lower quality life. The good part about it was that he would be more independent and be in a less crowded environment.

I think he moved to Catskills mountain because he was in New York City. In New York City, it was very, very crowded. I think he visited Catskills mountain a couple of times, so he has some background knowledge of Catskills mountain. He also has the basic knowledge of Catskills mountain.

If I were him, I would go back to New York City and get all of my belongings and head to Catskills mountain.  I would make one big bonfire and sleep next to it at night. I would be limited to resources, so I would chop a bunch of trees down. I wonder if he was thinking very deep or did he just take his chances?

4 comments:

  1. I like how you were very specific and you referred to the chapters. You had great ideas like when you said you could make a bonfire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your words. They are very powerful. I also like how you told his choices. I also agree the reason "he left because it was crowded"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very specific. I also agree that he left because New York was crowded. You think like Einstein. Good work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.